I started this blog on a whim last October, not having a clue as to what was in store for me. Little did I know, I would end up making amazing, real connections on here. I found a new tribe, and though we only know each other through our writings, I often feel these relationships are more substantial and real than some of my face to face ones.
One of these connections is RhapsodyBoheme. I think I came across her when I searched for the tag, “Spiritual Awakening”, and I was not disappointed. If you are looking for an example of someone who has found a connection to the universe, and shares it in a beautifully descriptive way, check her out here. Thanks for nominating me, my friend…
What is the Versatile Blogger Award?
It is a way for bloggers to nominate other bloggers who they believe deserve recognition for their high-quality standard of writing, the uniqueness of content, passion, and love displayed throughout the site and to top it off, amazing photos! It is a way to introduce newcomers, welcoming and showing our support in their new endeavor of finding their voice and audience. We share the same passion on how we got started and in the end the reason remains similar, as we all have something to say and to contribute.
Rules of the Versatile Blogger Award:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and share their link.
2. Nominate up to 10 bloggers for the award and provide links to their blogs. Also, inform them about the nomination.
3. Reveal 7 facts about yourself that your readers may not know.
Turns out, I was also nominated for the One Lovely Blog award by my new friend, LittleBirdFlies . You can check her super supportive and helpful page out here. We are new friends on here, but I can tell we have a journey between us. We both have similar things to process and both do said processing with God….along with amazing connections to birds and nature. God IS the universe! Thank you so much for nominating me.
Both awards have the same criteria for participating, so if I nominated you, pick which one you want to use. If you even want to use one. No pressure at all to participate, I just wanted to share a few of the connections that have helped me along the way. I really could have listed about 30 of them….
So here we go and here is my list….
1. I am 45 years old and just started drum lessons. I bought a used set 2 summers ago, and hid it in my mother’s basement because I thought my husband would make fun of me. He’s gone now, and the drums are in his room:)
2. I bought a boat last year and learned how to trailer it, back it down a ramp, drive it and anchor it…solo. One of the most empowering things I’ve done.
3. I’ve never had a cup of coffee.
4. I enjoy picking up litter.
5. I wake up exhausted every single day, yet can NOT for the life of me go to bed early. I must struggle to stay up until my eyes can’t stay open anymore…and each morning, I swear “I’m going to bed early tonight”. Nope. Liar.
6. My intuition is on FIRE lately. Not anything I can choose to predict, but random knowings occurring on their own. Weird, but kind of cool. It started with synchronicity and evolved into whatever it is “this” is. All part of my spiritual awakening. Amazing:)
7. I never thought I would have kids. I always wanted them, even from when I was a child, I knew I wanted them badly. I just never thought there would ever be anyone who would love me in order to get them. I didn’t feel it was something I deserved. Not because I had done anything bad, but just an inherent sense of “other people get those things, not me”. I sometimes feel like I pulled a fast one on the Universe, by having these two amazing boys. It must have been distracted by something else. I’ll never lose the gratefulness I have for that happening. I seriously still look at them and think, “I’m not even supposed to have these boys” and feel so freaking lucky.
Here are my nominees:
There is no particular order here and it is impossible to mention everybody. My goal was to shed some light onto a few newcomers and people who continue to amaze me with their talent. But I also wanted to include a few who need our support and who face such tough adversity we can’t even begin to imagine. And if I didn’t mention you, please don’t think that I have forgotten you. You know you rock and I think the world of you. Love to everybody and remember that there is no obligation to participate here. Just know that you are thought of very highly and you deserve recognition. (I stole this paragraph from RhapsodyBoeheme. Sorry)
Linda for inspiring me to write each week, and for demonstrating things I want to see in myself, as I slowly realize my aspirations for being a writer. You are quite a talent and I’m grateful to have crossed paths on here with you.
Susan for being my first cheerleader on here. Check her out for some great insight on connections to the universe.
Bethany for being my long lost twin, who really gets me. Check her out for some raw, honest, powerful essays on dealing with almost all the same issues I have to deal with.
Grace who also gets me, for the same reasons listed above. It’s a shame any of us have to deal with these things, but I’m grateful to know I’m not alone.
Deborah who writes the most honest, real thoughts about herself, situations and life. She truly understands the power of therapeutic writing and I’ve so enjoyed watching her grow.
Lesley who inspires in such a pure way.
Enjoy and have fun with this…..